In my recent post, i have shared what is Grab and how do both of these platform help to serve the public. In this post, i would like to share my thought about being a Grab driver. Below would be the list of requirement to be a Grab driver in Malaysia.
Requirement to be Grab Driver
- Age: 19-49 (50 above need take medical form)
Car 2009 below need to checking by office*
- Car 2011 onwards are eligible car for driving with Grab.
- Pass JPJ and PDRM summons check
- No criminal record, bad driving record!
- Grab driver only support Android phone and iPhone (Updated).
- Able to communicate in BM and English
- Grab passengers will receive driver’s info (name, car number plate and photo ID) before his arrival
- Poses a valid driving license. “P” license is NOT eligible.
- Poses a valid PSV license.
Free Signing up as a Grab Driver
If you meet the above requirement and interested be a GrabCar driver, you need to sign up with GrabCar and activating your account. In order to signup with GrabCar and join our big family member, kindly perform the following.
- register yourself here and be part of our family member.
- send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon activation, you are required to watch the training video which is specially made for new driver. This video will equip you with background of the app, how to use the app, what to do after receiving bookings and dealing with fare transactions. Kindly get familiar with the details of it through the video rules of conduct and other information on how to get started. The video can be viewed here.
When your driver app is online, which mean you are ready to deliver the transportation service to customer whom needed it. You are not recommended to ignore the job or cancel it because this activity will lead your acceptance rate drop which will result your incentive loss. However, there are certain cases where you really cannot accept the job due to certain reason, please call the subject customer and politely notify them your reason and request them to cancel the job. In this case, you will not be affected by the acceptance rate.
When the system routed the job to you, you are to response it by 15 seconds and failing to do so will result the app will log you out automatically. You are required to login again to get online and if this happened to frequent, your acceptance rate will drop and may result your incentive loss. Once you’ve accepted the job, kindly make a call to your customer to inform him/her that you are on the way and to get more information of his/her current pickup location.
Bad Passenger Behaviour
Being a GrabCar driver will face a lot of types of customers. Sometimes, it is quite common that the customer is not showing up, being late for more than 20 minutes, not paying after drop off, and much more, do not worry, you can always call +603-7964 5000 or 1300 80 5858 and inform them your problem.
Safety & fraudulence
In order to determine the booking made is genuine or fraudulent, pull down the notification panel and check the last 3 or 4 digits of the booking ID which indicates the number the amount of bookings the passengers has made. If they are less than 10 transactions, call the passenger and speak to them in English to detect if the response is made in broken or foreign English accent. If you suspect the booking is a fraud, please call 1300 80 5858 to cancel the trip and report them.
Payout and Incentive
Payouts are made weekly into your bank account starting at 12am on Mondays and stops on Sundays at 11.59pm. If you have referrals that made 10 trips in the first month of joining GrabCar, RM100 will be banked directly into your account.
It is critical for driver to equipped with knowledge on the penalty guidelines which is stipulated. This guideline has four stages:
- warning – dangerous or fast driving, driving without seatbelts, being late for 20 minutes without notifying passenger, being dirty, smelly, demanding passenger to sit in front, taking on another job with a passenger on board, taking longer routes and not using GPS and much more.
- 3 days suspension – no show, overcharging passenger and much more.
- 5 days suspension – JPJ blacklisted, police traffic blacklisted and much more.
- banned – “Gaming” which means accepting bookings for rides that you did not accomplish and pressing ‘Pick up’ before passenger climbs in the car or stopping to drop passengers off far away from the destined spot. Gaming is also considered when passenger who uses a promo code miss showing up and driver presses and receives a free top up to his credit balance. There are certain driver whom are leveraging their own community to create a short trip among themselves at peak hour. This is because GrabCar will guarantee the driver of certain amount of fare depending on their “tier” accumulated. Driving with different car plate number is strictly prohibited.