last updated: 24 Aug 2018
How to maximise your grab incentive through peak hour
Introduction to Auto Accept (AA) Feature by Grab
We all know that you do not have the flexibility to choose your preferred trip in order to enjoy Hourly Guarantee(HG) incentive starting on 6 Aug 2018. However, the earning of incentive for HG will be explained below.
The objective of this article is to ensure grab drivers are aware of the incentive structure for driving with Grab and how you can maximise your earning through Grab. We all here know that there is a change on the incentive structure for grab drivers in Klang Valley especially for Hourly Guarantee(HG) players.
I will list down the changes and I will share with you on how you can maximise your earning through HG.
- Auto Accept is turned on
- Economy Grab Driver
- Opted in as HG driver (last opt in ended on 8 Aug 2018)
- Driver rating(DR) > 4.7
- No more Acceptance Rate(AR) requirement
Explanation of prerequisite
Auto Accept is turned on
- Auto accept is a feature to driver by Grab for you to automatically accept the job without your intervention.
- With this feature turned on, you will enjoy the following benefit
- Lower commission rate for Grab company which is 20% instead of 25%. For old driver which is earlier than March 2018, you still enjoy 20% commission regardless you are with AA or non AA
- Hourly guarantee incentive when you are in peak hour
- Priority allocation compare to non AA. Improved pickup distance.
- Far pickup bonus is entitled.
- No interruption to your app especially when you are driving. No toggle between the app and navigation map while driving.
- The drawback of AA features
- You do not have choice to choose the trip
- To turn on the AA, simply follow the instruction below
- The toggle button can be found under Settings in the Driver Profile page. If you need to turn it off in a hurry, please turn off the ‘unavailable for jobs’ button and you will stop receiving jobs until you turn on the ‘availability’ button.
- Click here to view the video on how to turn on AA.
Economy Grab Driver
- The hourly guarantee is only meant for Economy driver. Premium driver will have different incentive structure.
Opted in as HG driver (last opt in ended on 8 Aug 2018)
- You need to opt in as Hourly Guarantee plan before 8 of Aug 2018 in order to enjoy hourly guarantee incentive. After that date, newly registered driver are all fall under flexi driver.
How is the calculation of the Incentive for hourly guarantee (Klang Valley only)
You will receive your weekly incentive structure through the app notification every Sunday for the following week. Just tap in to your notification tab and view it there. There are some information missing from the notification which i will share it here.
Grab Weekly Incentive Structure Table
Grab Weekly Incentive Structure Guarantee Amount
Example of latest Grab Incentive Calculation
How to turn on AA
Click here to view the video on how to turn on AA.
When is my incentive payout?
Your incentive will be credited to your cash balance the following day evening around 9 pm – 11 pm. However, there are occasion that Grab payment delay but mostly to the following day due to big celebration like Raya or Chinese New Year holiday.
Tips & Tricks
For the first week, I do have some difficulty to find the balance on how to maximise the incentive. I was trying hard to find the balance point but after the second week, i found that the balancing is important for us to maximise our incentive. For full time driver, you need to balance between to drive during peak hour and non peak hour.
During Peak Hour
- On AA.
- Go to the place where there are a lot of short trips. LRT station, ktm station, MRT station etc is a good example where a lot of short trip there. You are prohibited to camp at a place. You need to do rotation of the place you wait to avoid being mark as camping. You may want to cite here.
- Off the back to back toggle button. You can only off it after you accepted a normal trip. On it back just before or after you drop the rider.
- Balance your time. If you are 5 minutes or less away to the next block of incentive hour, offline and wait for the next hour block. Do not greed because you may suffer to have a long trip and burn all your incentive or maybe will impact your next hour.
- If your first job for that particular peak hour over their guarantee hour and you manage to finish it before the next block hour, you may choose to offline and wait for the following hour block to start or you can continue for more job.
During Non Peak Hour
- Off your AA.
- Go to the place where there will be a lot of long trip.
- Select the fare which you would prefer. I would prefer trips between RM15 onwards but not outstation. You may want to cite here.
- Please maintain your AR not below 30% before end of Sunday 23:59.
Great news for all those who are interested to join Grabcar through us. If you are afraid of too complicated structure above, you may want to registered through us by whatsapp(+6)(0194885307) me or email(yongjc(at)grabcaruber.com) through us and we will have people to support you and guide you through the tips and tricks and maximise your earning.
You might want to read my article “Should I Rent Car for Driving Grab/Grabcar/Uber?” for those whom are considering to rent car for Grab or other e-hailing platform.
You may also leave your comment or sharing below this article.